The area is rich of religious monuments from all centuries starting from Romanesque era.
Most old churches later trasformed according to gothic, renaissance and baroque style, however the traces of the older structure can be seen as well...
They reflect also history, architecture of the era in which they were built or rebuilt over time.
Church monuments were initially monasteries, churches then often were confiscated in Lombardy and passed on to civil owners after Napoléon occupied the territory.
Nowadays they belong again either to the church or to the municipality as local cultural heritage.
One of the best examples is San Pietro in Lamosa church's history tells us. Discover history, art and religion by visiting the below sights:
- a San Pietro in Lamosa /www.sanpietroinlamosa.it/
- al Santuario della Madonna della Ceriola a Monte Isola
- alla Chiesa Santa Maria della Neve con i suoi preziosi affreschi
rinascimentali a Pisogne
- all'Abbazia Olivetana S. Nicola Rodengo Saiano /www.abbaziasannicola.it/
- al Santuario Madonna della Neve /www.madonnadellaneveadro.it/
- al Monastero Suore Orsoline a Capriolo
- al complesso monumentale la Santissima di Gussago
- al Convento Francescano del Calvario di Rodengo-Saiano